It’s officially the first of October; fall is here, and in one hand I have a cuppa and in the other, a book. Not much has changed except that I’m wearing more sweaters and socks now, because it be chilly here in Michigan and it’s still too early to crank up the heat.
I haven’t been great about making it through the books I told myself I would get done, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been reading! In September, I started seven books and finished six, which is pretty good considering how many books I tend to start and not finish. Those books were…
- – Anxious People by Fredrik Backman (favorite read of the month – highly recommend!)
- – Tangerine by Christine Mangan (least favorite read of the month — blech!)
- – Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- – Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
- – Midnight Sun by Stephanie Meyer
- – Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
And the one I started but haven’t finished yet is To Sleep in a Sea of Stars (TSIASOS) by Christopher Paolini! But this one I don’t feel too bad about considering it’s 1,000 pages long, give or take a few pages.
My goals for October are to finish TSIASOS (which is an ARC that has since been published), and get through some upcoming Advanced Reader Copies (ARCs), book club books, and library books, which are on the list as follows…..
- – Watchmen by Alan Moore
- – The Bear by Andrew Krivak
- – The Invisible Life of Addie Larue by V.E. Schwab
- – The Body by Bill Bryson
- – The Hilarious World of Depression by John Moe
- – Traitor by Amanda McCrina
- – Why We Sleep by Matthew Wallace
It’s a hefty list, but I think it’s doable – of course, I thought that last month, and that didn’t happen quite as expected. Oh well, in the world of books, nothing is ever quite certain, and that’s okay. Happy fall folks, and happy reading!